Details about National Merit Scholarships in India, 2020
National Merit Scholarships in India, 2020 is offered for Bachelors, Masters degree in the field of Subjects offered by the University. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Ministry of Human Resource Development and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Rs. 10,000 & Rs. 20,000 per year . This scholarship is open for: Open to Indian nationals.
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Rs. 10,000 & Rs. 20,000 per year
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students having a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Eligibility for National Merit Scholarships in India, 2020:
- Students with 80% or above in Class 12 of Board of Examination are considered for the scholarship.
- For receiving scholarship benefit under Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Student an individual shall furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar
- Students pursuing regular courses from recognized educational institutions are preferred.
- Applicants can not receive any other scholarship scheme.
- Students of both 'general and 'reserved' categories are eligible for this scholarship.
Value of National Merit Scholarships in India, 2020:
- The successful applicants of National Merit Scholarships in India, 2019 will receive an award of Rs. 10,000 for the first three years and Rs. 20,000 per year for the fourth and fifth years.