Details about Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics PhD Studentship 2020
Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics PhD Studentship 2020 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Aug 2020. This scholarship is provided by Ghent University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Partial funds . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 31 Aug 2020
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Partial funds
The goal of the Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics PhD Studentship 2020 is to develop and apply data analytics to study the evolution of metastatic cancer in order to identify prognostic biomarkers. Hereto innovative methods need to be developed that integrate genomic information derived from cohorts of tumor samples with clinical information (e.g., therapy outcome). The focus will be on studying the added value of graph based-analysis for feature extraction and patient stratification. The research will be performed in close collaboration with clinicians, experts in molecular diagnosis and software engineers to facilitate the transfer of the developed methods to a clinical setting.
Eligibility for Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics PhD Studentship 2020:
The candidate should show,
- A strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Knowledge of computer science and/or machine learning and/or statistical/mathematical modeling and/or bioinformatics
- Interest in biology or molecular biology
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R and/or C++ as well as Linux systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics PhD Studentship 2020