Details about Ministry Of Defence (MOD) Competition For High-Resolution Imaging, 2016
Ministry Of Defence (MOD) Competition For High-Resolution Imaging, 2016 is offered for Other degree in the field of Electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) technologies. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Sep 2016. This scholarship is provided by Government of the United Kingdom and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Up to £500,000 is available for phase 1 of this competition . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities .
- Deadline: 01 Sep 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Up to £500,000 is available for phase 1 of this competition
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) Competition for High-Resolution Imaging, 2016 is a Centre for Defence Enterprise (CDE) themed competition for new electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) technologies and concepts for high-resolution imaging in poor weather conditions.
- In the competition for High-Resolution Imaging, 2016, the Ministry of Defence is looking forward to passive and active optical imaging through clouds.
- Light Detection And Ranging (Lidar) and Laser Detection And Ranging (Ladar) are active imaging techniques that give enhanced capability through obscuration.
- Technologies like single photon counting and ballistic photons can improve the performance to provide a change in capability.
- The Ministry of Defence is interested in proposals like polarization effects or novel spectral to improve contrast in bad weather conditions.
- Passive techniques are less effective and more easily exploited.
- Proposals like new sensors to amplify the low-contrast images or advanced image processing techniques can be included.
Value of the competition
- £500,000 is awarded towards the 1st phase of the competition.
- The proposals should not exceed £100,000 or 6 months for phase1.
- The Ministry of Defence might fund several projects between £50,000 and £100,000 lasting 6 months.